Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Spectacular vision

I have always been a little shy of the book of Revelation and will for the most part skip it in favour of what I would call lighter, less heavier reads but I felt challenged by God to work through it this time round. I try not to focus on more than one chapter at a time on any book so that I can allow it to all sink in.

With a heart open and ears ready to hear from God, I began reading chapter 1. What a spectacular vision rises before your eyes when you read the following:

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the chest with a golden band.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

I have no words that can beat this spectacular image so I leave you with these words. It all makes perfect sense why there are angels in heaven crying, “Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come. Holy, Holy, Holy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment