Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Night after night

I was busy digging through my old Bible School files this evening, looking for some notes to send to my sister. Looking through those files brought back many wonderful memories of my 3rd year, but what concerned me as I glanced through them was the realization that in truth we had only skimmed the surface.

So how much time did we spend in classes learning about God and His word? Well my 1st and 2nd year I did back to back but 3rd year a few years later, but the days and hours? 3 lectures per night (roughly 45 minutes each), 5 nights per week, 4 normal school terms per year, for 3 years! Yikes, that sure was a huge amount of time studying God's word night after night.

Why do I raise all this though? Bragging? No, never! I say all this because a wise lecturer once told us that the more you learn about God the more you realize how little you know. That means that even if we were able to spend every waking moment learning about God and studying Him, we still would never know everything there is to know about our awesome God!

Maybe you are asking then why should we even bother trying? Well what I've learned over the years is that God is in every waking moment. Every experience I have and feel is part of my life with God, so in truth I know all that I need to know for this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment