Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bed weather



We have had an unusually dry and dusty start to Spring this year and it has been really hard to try and keep all the smaller flowers alive, so I was hugely grateful when it started raining on Saturday night and it has continued raining on and off through to today with a few added hail storms as well. 

The cool weather just made for perfect bed weather and I spent all day Sunday in bed with my laptop catching up on some necessary work, only getting up in the evening to have a shower and rush to Church.  This meant I did not get my usual Sunday cooking done and my punishment for my laziness meant I had to catch up with cooking on Monday tonight.  Unfortunately the bad weather prevented me from posting this blog yesterday.

I drove home yesterday evening with thoughts crossing my mind about how I ever managed to live a productive life in the past.  The pace in the city has really changed dramatically over the past 10 years and travel to and from work now eats up great chunks of the day.  I also wondered if Jesus ever felt like life was to hectic?  Despite our drastic differences in lifestyle I think He did.  I think that is why we read about Him often taking time out to retreat to quiet areas for prayer and meditation. 

That being said I find myself thinking that maybe I am just too harsh on myself and that enjoying the slower days in bed are a gift and I should enjoy them guilt free.  Maybe you've been in the same boat, chastising yourself for just taking things at your own pace at times.   Well I want to encourage you not too, God certainly doesn't.  He knows our need for a change of pace and welcomes every day as it comes. 

So relax, enjoy the rain and feel the strength that comes from each new day!




No comments:

Post a Comment