Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello and Goodbye

Nope you didn't miss the rapture, I did drop off email rather suddenly and for that I apologise. Last weeks illness and other pressures left me rushed and exhausted and I didn't get a chance to drop a note to say I would be on leave for a few days.

In years gone by leaving home was easy, it was coming home that proved to be difficult. Now however leaving home has become more difficult thanks to my lovely cat babies whom I hate to leave behind. I knew though that on the other side of my trip awaited my anxious mom, eager to have her baby around for a few days.

While travelling I got to thinking about this more and it reminded me of our passing from this world through death. On this side our anxious family and friends feel the grief of saying goodbye, but on the other side God waits delighted to welcome us home.

There will always be sadness in death but thanks be to God who guarantees us a welcoming party we'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment