Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mind shift

I have found myself recently looking at questions of my life and future and realising that I am going to have to make some changes if I really want to see my dreams and goals fulfilled. It is very hard to change set perceptions and beliefs. The question that arises is why should I change? Well unfortunately you have to change to get different results.

Is our faith any different? No! Jesus whole life and death present the new believer with challenges that change the way we think. From believing in the virgin birth to accepting that a loving and just God would send His Son to die a horrifying death for our salvation, requires that we challenge our perceptions of who God is.

One may think that the disciples may have had it a little easier as they at least got to walk and talk with the man who healed the sick, gave sight to the blind and even raised a man from death, but they too were challenged with their beliefs. Every sermon Jesus preached went radically against the known beliefs of the time.

In faith and in life we are going to be challenged to change our thought patterns. I challenge you today not to back away from this in fear but to tackle the adventure and know that God will lead you in your journey to a life of deeper faith in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment