Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Made to last

Esme's funeral today was a sad but beautiful event. It was Ashani's speech that made something abundantly clear. Our original home fellowship group, where we all met way back in 1998 built relationships that have lasted and will most likely endure for many years.

Here's what was really funny though. I was only 23 when I started the group and registered it as a 'young adults' group, but it ended up being anything but that. Esme was nearing retirement at the time and the rest of the group was a mixed aged, multicultural, multilingual crazy concoction, but we all ended up loving that special time we spent together.

The years may have passed and our paths may have all gone in different ways, but the love and friendship never ended. I can well imagine that not long after arriving at the pearly gates and doing the grand tour, that God might have introduced Esme to my family members already there. I can hear her laughter as she recounts the tails of our times together and that just has to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment