Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Make over

Usually once a year, I love to put in a huge effort on one day to make changes to my garden that can have a beautiful make over effect. After the abomination my garden service committed, Saturday had to be the day to do the fix.

I love the feeling the next morning of opening the curtains and beholding a beautiful new feature in the garden. It is such a refreshing to the soul and brings me great joy. Is it possible to experience the same phenomenon in the spirit? Yes, it is!

Normally we would use the word retreat to symbolize a “moving away from battle,” but it is also very fit for a time of refreshing. We can do this by taking time away from our normal routine and spending time in quiet meditation. This doesn't have to be to a resort but it could be in the midst of other peoples business too.

I did this once by taking a days leave and going out for breakfast to Lanseria, just for fun. It is a rather noisy little airport but great fun to behold people as they prepare to travel. I used the time to make some notes about some issues I need to address in my life.

When last did you take a short time out just to focus on God and his will for your life? Maybe its time to do so now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I did it this past Friday. There's a county park nearby that I go to for solitude. If I don't get away every few months to get quiet and listen, I diminish the ability to listen to God in the midst of the noise and bustle of everyday life.

    ReplyDelete