Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 24, 2012

Garden wars

My new neighbour Tracy has taken a great interest in developing her garden. That gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get to work on mine. So far I am getting whipped in the front yard, but I think my developing herb garden is going to be show stopper once it is fully stocked.

This very friendly rivalry is having great health benefits. Gardening is really good exercise and being outdoors soaking up the sun is just wonderful. I often wonder about Eden, about how beautiful it must have been. I think in some way, just tending my own garden is allowing me a small piece of the joy Adam must have had tending the gardens in Eden.

We've heard it said, love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. Indeed I think that would be our equivalent of Eden, but in real life that is just not always possible. I think that is why God gives us spaces and places where we can reflect, come to a place of peace and draw strength from his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment