Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hacked

That's what I came home to find, my giant Strelitzia had been hacked back and more than half its foliage cut off. This after my instruction to the garden service was to “remove the babies and plant at the complex entrance” and “remove DEAD leaves.” With all the work I've been putting into the garden recently, I was hugely upset.

Yes, leaves do grow back but on a Strelitzia they tend to just keep growing up like a palm, so any leaves removed from lower down will most likely not regrow. I never thought I would get emotional about a plant but this beautiful plant has been the focal point of my garden from the day I first got stuck in.

Once the anger subsides I suppose I'll have to put my creativity cap back on and try to rescue the situation. The devil loves to stump us with a set back. What he doesn't realize is that the creative power of God resides in all of us. Didn't God say, “let us create man in our own image?”

God will guide us in a set back and with his creative power at work in us he will rebuild and restore us to his divine plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment