Everyday God - Amazon

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tranquility


I am surprised when reading one meaning of the word of tranquility. It states: a disposition free from stress or emotion. I can understand being free of stress, or having peace and quite, but to be void of emotion, just doesn't ring true.

I have found at times my deepest joy is to be at places of tranquility. These are places where my soul finds rest and peace and I am able to recharge my emotional and spiritual batteries and face the challenges of life with a renewed inner strength.

God himself says, “Be still and know that I am God.” It is when we are at places of peace that we are best able to connect spiritually to God and to hear his heart and find direction in life. God desires that we will be deeply connected to him.

Will you take time out occasionally to find places of tranquility where you can connect with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment