Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thirst


In John 4 Jesus challenges a women to give him water. He then says to her that if she knew who he was that she would ask him for living water. Naturally she asks him where she can get this magical water. Water is essential to life. So too, we need a special type of water on a daily basis to sustain our spiritual walk. This water finds it's source in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

In Acts 2 we see the account of how the disciples received the Holy Spirit. How can we do this today, do you have to be in Church? No you don't. You can receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit right in the privacy of your home. All you have to do is ask the Holy Spirit to come into your heart in a special way, and fill you with his power. Ask him to give you the gift of speaking in tongues which is our heavenly language. This language will give you the ability to speak to God directly in a secret language that the devil does not understand.

If you haven't done it yet, pray this prayer with me. Dear Holy Spirit, come into my heart. Fill me with your power and give me the gift of your wonderful language of speaking in tongues. I believe that I will receive this gift. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Wait and see what happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment