Everyday God - Amazon

Friday, September 2, 2011

Just show up


Most companies in SA allow their staff to dress down on a Friday. The first Friday of Spring is different though, we have a national Casual Day which is aimed at raising funds for people with disabilities. This is usually coupled with some fun activities. Our company decided to have a talent show.

Initially I wasn't planning on actively participating, however on second thought I decided it might be fun to do something different, so I entered a few of my own poems. I ended up being the only one in my category, so in the end I got a prize (nothing worth writing home about though).

The thought struck me that I basically got the prize for just showing up and doing something unique. I realized that in life, whether it is in our relationships with people or with God, we often just don't show up. We just aren't present to enjoy what the other person has to offer.

Will you open yourself up to being present in your relationships today?

No comments:

Post a Comment