Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Doesn't quit fit right


Rearranging the furniture can be tricky. You can only find out if you like an arrangement once you've spent time in that space. I had a location picked for one of the new wardrobes, but after being in the room a day or two, it just doesn't feel right, so it will have to be changed.

Something else that just doesn't work for me is trying to have a dedicated time of prayer in the morning. If you are anything like me, you'll know what I mean. I wake up in the morning and everything has to get done on 'auto pilot' because I just don't really wake up till about 9am.

Religion has tried to train us that we should always start our day right with the Lord, and in theory that is a good practice and if you are an early bird like my mom, spending time with God at 5am is the most blessed time of the day.

What we need to remember is that we are all unique, so you must find a time to meditate on God when our heart and mind will be most receptive to his presence and leading. For me that's at night. If you are not in a routine of spending time with God, maybe you should give that some thought as you will definitely see a change in your relationship with him once you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment