Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 19, 2011

Table mountain coffee

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to win a free air ticket through my cell phone provider on their summer promotion. Eager to get away from Johannesburg I headed straight off to Cape Town. I had a fabulous week of relaxation.

One day while strolling down the road, I stopped at a quaint coffee shop for coffee and cake. They had a beautiful window seat looking straight up at Table Mountain. In awe of the mountains beauty, I was keenly aware of God's presence in that moment.

I said a prayer of thanks to God for the opportunity and I felt I heard him say, "My child, if I had to fly you 1200 km to have coffee with you, it was well worth it!" Gods has such a deep desire for us to fellowship with him, that he would do anything to get our attention.

Will you surrender to God's call for intimacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment