Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rearranging the furniture

56 Hercules (my home) is undergoing some changes.  I'm busy getting ready to move some furniture into my house that belonged to my late Granny Joyce.  Thing is, I have a really small town house, so guess what, something's gotta give!

Some old things are going to have to get tossed in the process.  This is a process that I've noticed happens quite often in life.  We usually have to get rid of what we don't want in life, before we can make space for something new.

This applies to all areas in life, including our spiritual walk with God.  What we have to ask ourselves is, what is hindering us from having the things in life that God wants us to have?  Whether we want a deeper relationship with him, healing in our marriage or relationships, financial blessing or wisdom to know what choices to make, we will have to make room in our lives by getting rid of things that are holding us back.

This takes work, just like moving furniture.  It will require some work on our part to rearrange the furniture in our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment