Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, February 29, 2016

All chomped up

This weekends gardening was a bag of mixed results.  After months of frustration and trying to control a granadella that decided to go wild, I finally decided that it just had to go.  This one plant was consuming all my gardening energy and I wasn't paying any attention to the rest of the garden.  This was proved case and point when my next door neigbour pointed out that I had worms chomping away at my prize clivia's and worst of all the very best one was almost destroyed.  I poisened the worms but I have no idea if the plants will recover, only time will tell. 

On the plus side I managed to split some more strawberry runners but there again too, I had not noticed how many little strawberries had grown and gone to waste, all because of a nasty vine.  I had also noticed some time ago that my back yard neighbour's mulberry tree had dropped a seed that somehow wedged behind my rain water drain pipe.  I managed to retrieve the small plant with a tap root and transplanted it to the front garden, but I'm not sure if the little guy is going to make it, he's looking rather sad at the moment.

Aren't there just times in life when we realize that something seemingly good has taken over the garden of our lives and is sucking the life out of us, consuming all our energy and taking us away from the things in life that should be important to us, especially our relationship with God?  At times like that we need to make choices to eradicate them from our lives.  We need to free ourselves from the bondages that hold us back and break free and live for God! 


No comments:

Post a Comment