Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

We need the lines

So back to art for a bit.  I have now reached the place where things are going to be a little uncomfortable for me with my art because I have to face the fact that if I want to improve my technique and finish I need to work a lot slower...... Arrrgggh!  For someone who likes to see a finished products quickly, that is going to be hard. 

But case and point was my last piece this weekend.  I wanted to paint a little otter bobbing out the water and he really was cute.  I laboured over the background and if I say so myself, I loved it.  Mixing brush strokes and blotting I had the water effect as perfect as I was going to get it.  Then came Mr. Otter.  Well being a very dark brown image I painted in the body and background very dark....but oops, in the process I last my guide lines. 

Now for an amateur loosing the lines is not a good thing at all and I realized afterwards that I could have done the first coat, then done the delicate bits like eyes and paws and then finished off with the full body fills where needed.  Lesson learned! 

Sometimes we forget that our journey in 'Growing with God' is a lifetime calling and not a hundred yard dash.  Learning to trust Him, lean on Him and become fully developed in our faith will never end.

So have a little patience with yourself when things don't quite work out right the first time :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment