Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The journey continues

Each year since I have started to observe lent in my life I have truly seen God minister to me in a special way and this year is no different.  I am doing a special art project as well to keep my mind focused.  I'm sure you have heard people say that in order to grow in our relationship with God we have to learn to die to self.  For a long time I believed that, but now my own journey is taking me to a new place with a different reality.  I now believe that we do not need to die to self, but rather to live to the fullest for God by becoming all that we can be and a person fully conscious of self and aware of our strengths and weaknesses but knowing that God can work with every part of our being.  (Wow, that's a mouth full!)

Our life experience has made us who we are and we cannot simply walk away from that or die to it.  We can learn to forgive the past and walk away from it and learn to build our lives on the solid rock of God's word and the work that His Holy Spirit can do in and through us.

Jesus did all the dying for us that needs to be done, we need to live for Him and do it fully!  To live is Christ, to die (physically) is gain.










No comments:

Post a Comment