Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Starry summer nights

As much as the heat can drive you crazy, I absolutely love our summer nights.  The one thing I used to love about the last garden cottage I lived in before I bought my house was that I could really see the stars at night if I left my patio light off and it was a very private space.  From there I would gaze up and see the Southern Cross.  My town house has too many lights in the complex but from here I do see Orion very clearly but I almost never see the Southern Cross.

It is so strange to me that the distance in land terms is relatively small yet the stars I see at night are so different.  Similarly how we orientate ourselves in life about our world view is a matter of perspective.  How you view your world and more importantly your God is often through the eyes of life experience. 

This however is not the way that God wants us to go through life.  He challenges that paradigm with mind altering faith, saying to us, call those things that be not as though they are!  He challenges us to believe we are healed before we can feel it and to believe that we have provision before the supply arrives.  God challenges us to reach beyond ourselves and to allow faith to shift our world into a new reality. 

It is precisely then, when we have shifted our focus, that the impossible becomes possible!  The very God that created the sun the moon and all the other stars and planets out there, suddenly becomes our healer, our provider, our strength and our wisdom....He is all that we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment