Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, December 21, 2015

Drawing near feeling a tear

As the year winds down and Christmas is only 4 more sleepies away, I am truly torn inside.  This will be our families first Christmas without my Gran and I know we are all still feeling the grief of her loss quite strongly.  I am feeling joyful as I will be spending Christmas with my cousins, aunt and uncle and two cute little one's and other asorted guests.  To be honest I think it will be the first Christmas that I spend with my cousins since our childhood years (unless I'm forgetting something).  On the other hand, I won't get to see my mom, step dad, sister or her family and that really hurts.  In a perfect world I wish we could all just find a way to be together, but it simply is never possible.  

In life there really so seldom is that 'perfect' moment, there is almost always something or someone missing and the gaping whole that leaves inside leaves us longing for more.  That is why the work of the Holy Spirit is so absolutely vital in our lives.  When we draw near to God and ask Him to be our strength we will find that the Holy Spirit comes into that place of pain and fills us with His joy and strength. 

I have been through many Christmas's "home alone" so whatever your situation is this year with heading for Christmas, know that I get how lonely this time of year can be.  I am praying a special prayer this year for all who may end up being on their own or whom may have lost a loved one this year.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will touch you with this comfort and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment