Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

All wrapped up

No matter how you are feeling, nothing can get you more in the Christmas mood than wrapping gifts.  I stopped at the shops on my way home from work on Tuesday to wrap up the last bit of shopping!  While I was wrapping away I remembered the times I spent sitting on the bedroom floor wrapping gifts for what seemed to be hours.  Then once it was all done placing them under the tree with great excitement imagining Christmas day and when we would all unwrap our gifts and what fun it would be.  I had plenty of fun wrapping this years secret Santa gift as I have rigged it...you're not going to guess what it is by shaking it or feeling it... :-) Tee hee!

The excitement about wrapping any gift is the anticipated response we will get when our recipient opens the gift, especially when we have taken time and effort into the sourcing or preparation of the gift.  We want the recipient to know how much we love them and the more extravagant the gift, the deeper the love we are showing.  

I an only imagine God's great excitement in those days leading up to the birth of Christ.  God hadn't spent days or months preparing our gift....no He spent millenia!  The countless human lives that made up the blood line of Christ each had purpose and meaning.  So on that day when Christ was born, God's joy was great!  He rejoiced as He delivered the hope of our salvation into our world in the form of a small baby boy!  

God's love for you is enormous, never ever underestimate that!  

So I wish you all a very wonderful, Merry Christmas! 

Peace on Earth!  Goodwill towards men!




No comments:

Post a Comment