Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 11, 2015

We're having a heat wave....of note!

Yoh yoh yoh! But it is HOT!  And with this kind of dry unrelenting heat I wasn't up for much gardening, so I took to just splitting some Clivia's.  The saddest thing for me though is knowing that there are farmers out there that are in dire, dire straights.  So tonight is a call to prayer, we need to pray for rain and it needs to come quickly. 

Being parched, dry and burnt out happens in our spiritual lives just as much as it happens on our planet.  We get to a point of being so stressed out that we simply cannot function.  There are two things needed at times like these.  The first is food for the soul, so that is why I took Friday leave to spend the day with my good friend Bridget to do some painting and the creative time did me the world of good!

Second and most importantly we need the refreshing rain of the Holy Spirit to pour over us and bring refreshing and strength to our spirit.  Nothing could be more important at a time like this.  So I'd like to encourage you to find any way you can to spend time in the presence of God and allow Him to soak you in His love and kindness and bring healing and restoration from within! 

No comments:

Post a Comment