Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 25, 2015

House and home

On Saturday I had the maintenance guys come to do the final repairs after the last bout of water damage and in order for them to paint the downstairs bathroom ceiling I had to empty it of all loose items. Seeing the raw shell of the bathroom reminded me immediately of the time my friends and I came to the house to clean it before I moved in.  A house is not a home until we fill it with things that are personal to us.

In the same way our physical bodies and earth are only our temporary building, they are here to allow us to live out God's plan for us while on earth, but heaven is our permanent home.  Today my beloved Gran Baby Smith went home to be with the Lord and her wonderful husband.  Though I am sad and devastated, I know she is rejoicing to be reunited with her beloved Tom. 

Earth is our house but heaven is our home and we can all look forward to a wonderful time of being reunited with those we have loved and miss so dearly.  For those of us left behind the journey of grief is difficult but the Holy Spirit is there to comfort us in our time of loss!

2 comments: