Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, October 12, 2015

Anything that moves

I was making coffee in our break area the other day when I spotted a fighter jet on the TV that I just couldn't take my eyes off.  The thing was a piece of beauty and looked like a cross between a Mig and Stealth fighter and was truly spectacular.  One of my male colleagues was trying talk to me but I was pretty much ignoring him while I drooled.  He was surprised at my interest and asked if I liked planes, to which I responded that I liked anything that moved.  Planes, trains, automobiles, boats, you name it, if it moves I like it! 

It was his next question that amused me most....what car do you drive?  Lol!  Response, Hyundai Atos.  Now I had some explaining to do..... I noted that my decision to buy a car with a smaller engine was precisely a result of having a slightly heavy foot...teehee!  Well you know what the bible says, if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.   But that's not what interests me most.

First boats: Since prehistoric times
First train - primitive moving machine 600BC but first locomotive: +- 1550
First automobile: 1885

First plane: 1903

Mankind was made to move yet look how far apart these discoveries and developments in human mechanical movement have taken place.  How impatient don't we become in life when we expect change and development to come at a moments notice.  God progresses things in our lives at His pace and at His will not ours and that is very hard to accept.  I know I become easily frustrated but that is why I write to remind myself that God is in no hurry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment