Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 18, 2015

From scratch

Well we still haven't had much rain, although a bit has come so more prayer about that is certainly necessary.  The temperatures did however cool enough for me to feel safe to do some gardening again.  This time I managed to pull out the lavender's and tried again to clear out the unwanted mint.  With this done I now have a blank canvas on which to restart my front garden.  The aim this time is to go for fewer but larger plants. 

The only part of this process I am not looking forward to is all the digging.  I need to reshape the garden beds and then I can start planting.  I'm still in split minds about some of the plants but I suppose I need to go with my gut feel and work from there.  Gardening has been a trial and error journey for me but one that I thoroughly enjoy.  The best part right now is being able to start using my herbs again. 

The big thing of it is that I have had to push myself with it.  I knew absolutely nothing about gardening when I started and have learned along the way.  I have worked hard to study my plants and find out what works for me.  At times it has really taken back breaking work with lots of sweat....Lol! but I have loved every second of it. 

The things in life that's the important to remember that we may have many false starts before we get to where we want to go to.  The trick is to keep at it and while you are doing so, trust God, rely on His leading and do the best you can do. 


2 comments:

  1. Very true. And you have become a pro with your gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. And you have become a pro with your gardening!

    ReplyDelete