Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fix one thing, break another

Well it was back to work for me and getting going again can be a bit slow. One thing that has been dominating my thoughts over the last few days has been around some of the challenges I've been facing with the renovations.

On the night the accident happened, I was so exhausted that in my haste to make up the sleeper couch I damaged something else. As the backrest fell down it hit the wall mounted battery for my alarm system. Luckily the battery itself is okay but the wall mounting fell apart breaking off small chunks of concrete. Frustration, frustration!

I had become angry with myself about it but the truth is it was as much an accident as the geyser valve blowing so although I caused the problem it was really just par for the course, one of those things that happen. That has been very hard for me to accept but I suppose God is working on an issue of my character that is rather thorny and that is that I have unrealistic expectations of perfection and life just isn't that neat and tidy.

God desires that we have a balanced view of life and that we not only forgive ourselves when things go wrong unintentionally but that we also show ourselves grace. If we are unable to show grace to ourselves we will not be able to give it to another person and this causes our demeanor to appear harsh and abrasive.

Join me in learning about God's grace, kindness and forgiveness and in so doing, showing it to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment