Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, August 18, 2014

First in 20 years

This has been the first time in 20 years that I have actually spent a whole holiday at home and what a wonderful time! After the stress of the ceiling work my goal was to do as little as possible! I can proudly say that I got that right! :-) It has been a wonderful time of rest, reading and just minor pottering around in the garden. I have truly loved every minute of it!

As the holiday winds down and I wind up to going back to work I have to try and reset my body clock which has gone completely out of whack with all the late mornings....but I won't complain. I have been so grateful for the time to just take it slow. Thank God for His goodness that He allows us time to just recharge the batteries and refresh our soul.

God desires that in our spiritual walk that we can experience the joy of being restored. Psalm 1 tells us that when we delight in the law of God that we will be like a tree planted by rivers of water.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Thank God for His good counsel and refreshing waters!

No comments:

Post a Comment