Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Home Reno phase 1

Home renovation phase 1 got under way and was successfully completed on Monday. The ceilings are in and appear to be sorted. I won't lie, I did find it stressful. There was definitely a language barrier but their supervisor who appeared to be an old hand at the game managed to calm me down and deliver the necessary instructions with accuracy.

With all the banging and noise I retreated to a corner in the garden and tucked into a book. I must say in retrospect they were actually very respectful of my space. They closed the door behind them and just got stuck into the job and when they were done they moved out to the car park without bothering me, enough so to say that I will probably feel comfortable with them continuing the project at a later date.

It was all tiring though and I slept in this morning. Sadly upon getting going today I heard the news that Robin Williams had passed away from what appears to be a suicide. That really saddened me and I wondered how someone with so much success in their past could end up another celebrity suicide statistic? It is particularly sad because with so much wealth obtaining professional help would not have been a problem.

That being said though it doesn't take money to get the kind of support we need in life. We are fortunate that as Christians there are many wonderful Christian counsellors who are there to help us in times of need. They may be your pastor, a counsellor, or even a trusted friend. Most of all we have the Holy Spirit who is our ever present counsellor and help in times of need. So if you are struggling through life’s difficult times, turn to God and turn to the people out there who are able to help you through, you are definitely not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment