Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weeds galore

Recently I found myself lamenting my decision to remove the marigolds in the side beds and thought I would have been better off leaving them for winter. I decided today to start doing my second round of weeding for the end of this years gardening season and quite honestly I realized I am better off without the marigolds for now.

Those pesky clovers are a nightmare to get rid of and there are certain portions of the beds that still need a decent layer of top soil. Keeping the beds simple and clear will make it easier to focus on trying to get rid of the weeds, then hopefully by next year I'll have neater beds that are easier to sew good flowers into.

It spoke volumes to me about life. We may think that we are ready for flowers galore but if we aren't careful the weeds and mess we are hiding will take over and destroy our lives. Sometimes it is better to simplify our lives in order to maintain our hearts in good order.

Are there weeds in the garden of your heart that need to be removed? If so, maybe it is time to simplify things and give yourself time to see things clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment