Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Electioneering

My goodness, I wish it were all over and it will be in about a week. All the political mumbo jumbo we see on TV can be a bit frustrating. I wish that the auditor general would hold political parties accountable to actually deliver exactly what they say they can do. For the most part it is all just fresh air.

I have no doubt that the world is watching. Watching to see what we will do. There have been some strong new comers to the game and then there are the old hats. So what the results will be I'm not sure, but it is going to be interesting to get those final figures.

Truthfulness and honesty should be the core back bone of our lives. These are values that should be entrenched in our ethical Christian behaviour, so why do we so often fail to uphold them? I believe it is because an attitude of repentance has slipped from our consciousness.

When we pay little cognisance to the fact that we ought to repent of our sins on a regular basis, we slip into the so called 'white lie' syndrome, and trust me that I am preaching as much to myself as to anyone else here. I've done it and I know wrong it is.

As Christians, let us make a renewed call to a life of repentance. Let us come closer to God in our walk and bring a repentant spirit before Him so that our conscience will once again be the active guard to our heart that it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment