Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 5, 2014

Where to start, where to start?

I know I've been there before and I see almost every day. Situations, workloads, thoughts so mixed up and mangled that you just don't know where to start. I have a routine at home and anytime I feel a little lost, I go back to begin an recheck my chore list. It doesn't take too long before everything is back on track and it all gets done.

Being practical, is for the most part, the best way to go. It is no different with our spiritual lives. So what do you do when it feels like your spiritual walk is off track? Go back to basics. Well for those of you who have walked this road with me for a while you may remember these but I'll do a recap anyway.

  • Read your bible – Reading your bible is like taking your vitamins. When you are healthy, you wonder why you are taking them but when your immune system is compromised is when you wish you hadn't stopped. By this I mean that your daily reading may feel as if it has no real bearing or benefit to you but when a crisis hits you will stand or fall based on the strength of your knowledge of the word of God.
  • Pray to God – Always keep your communication lines with God open. Talk to Him as often as you can during the day.
  • Reach out to others – There are many ways in which we can reach out to others to share God's love and compassion to them. If you are shy and don't feel comfortable sharing your faith, feel free to forward them these daily devotions.
  • Fellowship – Make sure you take time to spend with Christian friends who can walk with you through life's difficulties.
  • Confess your sins – I spoke about it yesterday. 1 John 1 v 9 tells us to confess our sins so that we may be forgiven and cleansed.

That's your quick spiritual checklist. How are you doing today?





No comments:

Post a Comment