Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 19, 2014

It wasn't my imagination

I thought it was my imagination running away with me, when I actually started feeling more relaxed after lighting up some fragrant incense. That was until I saw my usually hyperactive kitties settled down without being prompted to do so.

The bible tells us that when David played his harp and sang, that his music calmed the soul of the troubled King Saul. David's worship created an atmosphere for God's peace to draw near. Our lives are so hectic and rushed that it is important for us to find ways to bring God's presence and peace near us so that we can have clear hearts and minds with which to make the important decisions of life.

We are all gifted with talents with which to feed and nourish our soul's. God placed these talents within us to give us an avenue with which to connect with Him. Have you perhaps placed your talents on the bookshelf of life viewing them as just a luxury or 'nice to have'? If so, I'd encourage you today to dust off that old guitar, open the piano or find time for the gardening or wood work you have been putting off for so long thinking it was a waste of time. God wants to use that time of relaxation to connect with you and give you strength and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment