Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easier to watch

A few nights ago I was drawn into watching video clips about the making of the movie, "The passion of The Christ".  What fascinated me was the extensive effort they had to go to in order to replicate the wounds of Christ.  It required the use of prosthetic skin overlays as well as CGI to create the effects.

As I finished I thought to myself, "it makes it easier to watch".  Without hesitation I heard Jesus clearly say to me, "that didn't make easier to live".

Now I'm not one to say that I hear Jesus Himself speak to me personally every day.  No this was unique, it was different.  You see it is human nature for us to turn away from or not want to be exposed to the true suffering Jesus went through for our sin, but I believe that He does want us to stop and look.

Not only to stop and look at His suffering, but to stop and look at His glorious victory over sin and the grave!

I dare you to stop and look at Jesus today!

No comments:

Post a Comment