Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Update on book availability and new website

Hi Everyone,

Last week I sent out a notice advising that I had noticed a price discrepancy between the cost of my book as advertised on Amazon & Authorhouse versus that of Kalahari. I have done some digging and have discovered the following:

  • Retailers are not obliged to sell the book at the recommended retail price that I agreed with Authorhouse prior to publication. Although this frustrates me, I have to respect every companies right to sell the book at a price that will be profitable for them.
  • I have also learned that the reason the sales prices for South African websites appears to be higher is because the retailers are purchasing the books from a wholesaler and not directly from the publisher. I have and will where possible help to get these retailers directly linked to the publisher to reduce the cost, but I cannot guarentee that they will take me up on the offer. I also have no idea as to how to contact the buyers for some of the website companies.
    This being said, with my current workings it will currently work out cheapest for you to purchase the book from either Amazon or Authorhouse directly. The cost of the book plus courier fees will currently still work out cheaper than purchasing from a South African site. So please feel free to use one of the following:

OR

I would however like to encourage you to purchase the e-book as apposed to the hard copy. It has all the same great content and a pinch of the price and is currently retailing just under R50 per book.

Standard e-book – www.Kalahari.com
Kindle edition – www.Amazon.com

There are however a stack of other websites carrying the book, so feel free to shop around.

New website

I have created a new website to promote myself as an author, which will hopefully in the future advertise all books that I may produce and any future book signing events. I will be focusing my attention with posting news events directly to this site. Please check it out and refer it to your friends:


If you have already purchased a copy of my book, please take a selfie and send it to me, I would love to pop your picture onto the news page.

Thank you for your support, it is much appreciated!

Love and regards,

Ronwyn Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment