Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Arctic Vortex

The words alone send a shiver down my spine when I hear them. Arctic vortex. Yet that is what the media are calling the latest cold weather phenomenon to hit America and Canada. It has even been reported that someone boiled a pot of water, took it outside and dropped it and the water in the pot froze before it hit the ice.

Here we were thinking that the scene's enacted in the movie “The day after tomorrow” were just science fiction nonsense, yet only a few years later they are actually coming true. Are these events indicative of the end of times? I have no idea. The truth is that every generation after Christ thought that they were The 'Final generation', I even recall a little chorus saying we were.

Unfortunately I see things a little differently. I see it as a call to responsibility. Why? Because I feel people wishing that Jesus must just return now are not willing to take responsibility for themselves or the world around them. They isolate themselves from a need to live a life that calls others to change the direction in which they are going and take another route. That call is the call to salvation.

The bible tells us “how can they come without a preacher?” Preaching is often seen in a negative light but the call to salvation is a call to a better life, so how then can preaching be bad? I may be off on a tangent, but the bottom line for me is that we each need to take responsibility for our own salvation and never shy away from the opportunity to show others the better life that they can have in Christ, which is a life filled with hope, love and victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment