Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Changing gear

Today I definitely felt it, the gear change at work has begun. One of my esteemed colleagues is going on maternity leave and I'm filling the gap for her for the next 4 months. Honestly, I am quite excited about it as I know that I am going to learn more in these next 4 months than I have in quite a while.

The pace has definitely changed and I have to pick it up now even more and I'm loving it. I love being busy as it makes the time spent at work just fly by. In our spiritual lives the pace can change at a moments notice. One moment you are cruising along and next thing the storm breaks and havoc ensues.

Some storms, like a mild summer afternoon thunder storm, can be great. It breaks the heat and not much else, so the effect blow over quickly. Other storms like Tornado's wreck devastation and there are times when we simply cannot tell how mild or bad it will be until it hits you.

What can we do in times like that to keep our faith in God strong and ride it out? We need an anchor. In the same way a ship drops anchor to keep itself in place we too can drop our spiritual anchor and ensure that we are secure. What is our anchor? Hope! When we have hope in the future then no storm can take us off course and we are able to bounce back quickly after a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment