Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Melted wax

Some time back during one of our power failures I had left a candle on my out door table. Being plastic I had a hard time scraping it off. On Saturday I decided to do a whole bunch of washing and was using all the outdoor furniture to hang clothes over to dry.

When I went to remove the clothes from the table I noticed some wax on my clothes. I had no idea wax was so soft that it could be melted by the sun. It made me wonder. There are things in life that we should cling to like hardened wax. Then there are instances where we should allow the sunlight of God to melt that wax and remove us from.

What are some of the areas where we should be melted? A hardend attitude towards life, unforgiveness and hatred, being rude and unkind, and there are probably many more. What are some of the things that we should cling to? God's grace and forgiveness, God's love and kindness, God's peace and joy!

Are you going to allow God to work in your heart to allow you to cling to or melt in areas where He needs to work in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment