Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Beans or tomatoes?

The really fun part about gardening is all the experimentation.  I love tomatoes and barely a day goes by when I don't either eat fresh tomatoes or use tomato sauce.  I naturally thought that growing some was the right way to go.  Needless to say I'm finding that the nuisance to benefit ratio is quite low.

What do I mean by that?  Well the tomato plants are growing at a rate that reminds me of an alien invasion, one with world wide domination as its goal :-P.  Trying to keep the tomato plants under control is quite a mission and the size and amount of fruit just doesn't warrant the gigantic plant.  On the converse side my tiny little bush beans are small and relatively neat but produce a stack of beans at an surprising rate.

In our Christian lives what benefits out weigh the effort required to do them?  The small effort of a simple prayer can bring our hearts and minds closer to God and the huge reward is having His presence touch us when we need it most.  The effort of ministering to a friend in need is rewarded with the blessings of God that follow a kind act.

What gigantic tomato plants do you have in your life that require removal to make space for more productive bush beans?  I'm sure if you search you'll find them.  Ask God to help you put the priorities on these straight and receive the blessings that your efforts will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment