Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Under the covers

It makes me truly jealous! Every morning before I leave the bedroom after dressing, the kitties get tucked back into bed, while I head off to face a cold, hard world. All I keep wishing is that I could just turn around and climb back in with them and sleep for the rest of the day.

Why is it that only bears and a few other choice creatures get to hibernate the whole of winter away? In truth is it only bears who hibernate? Nope, I think some humans do too. When life gets too taxing they would rather hide away than face the truth.

The truth can be hard to deal with but I'd like to compare it too is the latter rains of autumn and the early rains of spring. The latter rains sustain the earth through winter. In the same way, truth gives us the strength we need to get through tough times in life. In the early days of spring the rains bring relief to a dry and parched land and so too truth restores and heals.

No matter what season you may be facing right now, ask God to speak truth into your life each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment