Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Good old fashioned shoe polish

Some time back I remember writing about my poor Imbuia wardrobe that got left outside due to my town house being too small to fit it inside. The weather was really getting the better of it and although I tried to oil it as often as possible, it just wasn't doing the trick.

Thanks too some great advice from my step dad we moved it to a rear wall which should be a little more weather proof, but the best advice for restoring the old dear was to use some good old fashioned shoe polish.

I had my doubts but considering the alternative of a full scale refurbishment which could have costed thousands I decided to give it a shot. Wow what a result. Not only has it restored the colour but the wood is now beautifully sealed with a good wax coat that should do wonders for it in the rainy season.

Sometimes it is the simplest solutions that work the best and living a life of faith is most certainly like that. Faith is not some pie in the sky solution we turn too when all else has failed, it should be our first stop when dealing with any given situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment