Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Audio track

When I downloaded the bible application for my cell phone, I didn't realize that it had an audio track facility linked to it. I discovered it quite by accident and what a delight. I have found that at times when my soul is restless I can turn it on and being able to hear the word of God read while I continue on with my work is proving to be quite soothing.

Saul wrestled with demons and called for David to play the harp and so his soul was quietened. We all fight agitation from time to time, the key is figuring out what to use to calm our spirit and give us clarity at those times is important.

Centering prayer is about that, bringing us back to equilibrium where we can anchor our thoughts in the word of God. If you've been wrestling with negative thoughts or you've been thrown into turmoil through difficult circumstances, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in finding the right tool for you to use to bring your heart and mind back to the peace of the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment