Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A different kind of drive through

I had to laugh but I hope I won't get caught for gym fraud...tee hee! Tonight was just one of those nights when I just had to do a swipe and run at my local gym. What got me chuckling though was that the chickie behind the counter said to me, “oh we call call it a drive through.”

That made me wonder, do we ever do a drive through in our relationship with God? Yip, I know I'm guilty. No one to pray with at the dinner table, so a quick '”thanks for the grub” has to suffice as grace. No time for church, so we skid in after worship and bolt out the door once the service is over. A quick verse of the day instead of a bible study? Yip, I've done them all.

You know what? Somehow I think God doesn't mind and occasionally I think He might even chuckle. What I think God does look out for though is, what is our attitude towards Him and where is our heart at?

If our heart is longing after God and we do make the time for some dedicated prayer and take time to acknowledge Him in worship then we are still on the right track. What we do need to do though is to thank God for His unending grace and patience with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment