Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, June 24, 2013

Anniversaries

This weekend just felt weird. Something was off but I just couldn't put my finger on it. It was only while I was working through some old journals that I remembered that the 22nd of June was the 2nd anniversary of my late grandmother Joyce Hughes passing. June 2011 will go down as being the worst month of my life ever with not only her passing but other tragedies challenging my belief in a loving God. I understood well how Job felt dealing with so many crisis issues at once, although admittedly mine were less tragic than his.

The anniversaries of life serve an important function. They cause us to stop, ponder, remember and learn from the past. There are lessons to be learned from each life that passes through our world, whether their stay here was short or long.

Anniversaries also serve to give moments to celebrate the successes and wonderful things of life. Marriages and birthdays remind us of birth and life. All these things as important as each new dawn and sunrise.

In God we live and move and have our being!

No comments:

Post a Comment