Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tyres, pathways and stones

I've been concerned about my garden, especially the few herbs that have survived so far. The winter weather and lack of water is definitely putting a strain on things. With early sunsets it is often too dark for me to water the garden in the evenings, so watering is only being done on weekends.

While looking at things though I have realized one important thing. Even if I loose all the plants in winter, I at least have one thing I didn't have last spring, a ready built infrastructure of tyres, pathways and stones. I don't have to start from scratch but can build again next spring from a stronger foundation.

That is what our faith walk is like. There are times when we will develop and build infrastructure. Then there are seasons where we can grow from the foundation that is already laid and improve on what we have done before.

If life is looking a little barren right now, don't loose heart. There will soon come a time when you can take things further and develop something stronger. Just learn to sustain what you have for now and be faithful to your commitment to God.

There are great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment