Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Power to change

Every time I see pictures on television of poverty, destruction and war, I grieve. We live in a world today of massive divides between the rich and the poor. But hasn't it always been like that? Yes, throughout history class divides have been prevalent.

So why does nothing change? Because human beings are selfish in nature. We have the power to change the world but we don't, simply because of greed. I always ask myself “when will it be enough?” If I had the power to change my own circumstances immediately and had limitless access to finance, would I ever reach the place of saying, I have enough, let me help others?

One would hope that as we grow closer in our relationship with God that we would find that place of sufficiency. Where we can say confidently, I am blessed and all that remains I give to God to use as He wills. My hearts desire is that one day that will become a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment