Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hand in my side


Have you ever over reacted to a situation? I know I have. It's usually because whatever we are reacting too has caused some form of pain and the wounds are still fresh. Anything coming near that sensitive area of our lives may cause a fierce “get back, leave me alone” reaction.

Strange then that Jesus would walk up to his disciples, “Come, put my your hand in my side.” You might argue that Jesus wounds were healed and that he would therefore have felt no pain. That may be true but there was still a hole there and I am sure that even with the resurrection power of God flowing through his being that the memory of the pain of crucifixion would still have been fresh on his mind......and yes.... that pain he did feel.

So what was Jesus secret to overcoming the memories of pain and hurt? Those simple words he spoke on the cross, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Tough to hear and do, but a work that only God can do through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment