Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eat what you can, can what you can't


“Eat what you can, can what you can't.” A phrase often used by my dad in response to my young self protesting, “I'm full.” This was used to encourage me to take take a few more bites and not waste food. And then, left overs were to be safely stored.

I often apply the same principle now to life when things get a bit hectic and I just don't feel like I'm going to cope with the days “to do list”. What can I handle now and what can't I? I often find in this mix that unintentionally reading the word (which I love to do dearly) just slips by for pure lack of time.

It really helps then to have access to the bible in every place possible. Hard copy, application on my cell phone and even another for my laptop. Even when you are rushed, I'd encourage you again to just find a way to fit a little scripture reading in. Even a short piece can give your soul plenty soul and spirit food to chew on for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment