Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sharpville


I must admit that I used to be one of those people that says: “We've been in a democracy for nearly 20 years, why can't we just forget about the past and move forward!” Well the thought came to me the other day that for those who do remember the abuse, the torture, the murders and the poverty in which so many of our South African brethren still find themselves in, how can we ask them to forget?

Today we celebrate Human Rights Day in South Africa (formerly known as Sharpville day). Today I must ask for forgiveness from all for whom I have had so little regard for their past experiences.

So today as we celebrate this day that had such huge impact on our lives, let us not forget the sacrifices of those that have gone before us! May we all learn to remember the past with gratitude but look forward to the future with hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment