Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 12, 2012

Needs a little oil

When my late grandmother's wardrobes arrived last year I had planned to keep the one wardrobe in my second bedroom. Once it was placed I soon realised that it was too large for the space so the only option was to put it on the patio.

On the upside it made the patio feel more part of my living space. On the downside I had no idea how it would respond to exposure to the weather. During the dryer months it managed well but when the rain started I could see I had a problem on my hands.

Not too sure how to treat it, I left it for a while. On Saturday I decided to see how it would respond to intensive polish treatment. Noticing an improvement but still not happy I bought wood oil. Wow! What a difference it made. The beauty of the wood came shining straight through.

One spot still needs a little more attention. So too, it is with our spiritual lives. When we are dry and cracked we can ask God to pour out the oil of his annointing on us. Some areas of our lives will need more oil than others. God is faithful and will always restore us to brilliant shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment