Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The tease

Our department runs a vending machine on our floor.  In addition we have a box of sweeties and small chips that we use to capture all the loose change flying around.  This week it is mine and another colleagues turn to look after the goodies. 

Dopey here (me) forgot to pack the small tuck box away when I left work on Tuesday.  Luckily for me no-one stole the box or the cash box either, but it was a rather stupid thing to do.  One of my colleagues working in the same cubicle decided it would be fun to hide it and then tell me that they wanted something from it.  Naturally as I started looking for it and could not find it I started to panic. 

My colleague tried to contain his amusement but he has the naughtiest face possible and it didn't take me long to figure out I was being pranked.....Lol! Well I had it coming...tee hee!  The wonderful thing for me was that this was a nice fun and positive way to tease me, but how often in life do we not see people do that to simply break people down or bully them?

Let us try to remember that no person, big or small, likes to have some part of their self esteem broken down.  It is good to tease, but let's do it in a way that does not leave a person feeling demoralized.




No comments:

Post a Comment